By lex, on November 25th, 2009
Happy harvest to those who till the soil, and for the rest of us an opportunity to give thanks for our many blessings.
Here are a few of mine:
- A good woman who loves me, along with
- Good children that I love, and for all of us
- Good health that I, at least, don’t deserve. To share with
- Good friends, here and elsewhere.
- Honest work that pays a good salary and provides for
- Good food on my table and
- A solid roof over my head to keep the elements at bay protected by
- Good men and women here at home and in the uttermost parts of the world who secure
- That shining city upon the hill, and finally
- A deep, abiding pride that when she called, I did the best that I could do for as long as I could be of use.
For this and all His mercies may I be truly grateful.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.