Posted by lex, on December 20, 2007
A little something for everyone in retired army general Barry McCAffrey’s AAR on Iraq, as hosted by Michael Yon.
Reader’s Digest version:
- Violence is way down. Stopping asking if it’s really true and start asking why.
- AQI is badly beaten but Simply. Won’t. Die. Except when we kill them. Which is lots.
- IA are actually surprisingly good and the IP are getting better.
- The central government is teh suxXor.
- The people are miserable, but the economy is improving.
- There are endemic problems that only the Iraqis will be able to solve.
- They’ll still need our help.
- Rummy was teh suxXor too but Gates Rulez!
- Army needs more sojers. To help us bring them home.
- This might actually work.
- On the other hand, it might not.