By lex, on December 18th, 2006
A man has been choked to death by his pet boa constrictor at his home in the US city of Cincinnati, police say.
The 13-ft (3.9m) snake was still strangling Ted Dres’ body when it was discovered by an acquaintance.
Members of an animal protection group removed the snake from the house after helping police officers free it.
An animal expert told the Associated Press news agency people were often unaware of the risks of keeping snakes such as boa constrictors as pets.
Yeah, well I reckon they’ll pay a bit more attention now.